October 10, 2008

Wow! I thought Test Person lived in Chicago

For months, I've been very impressed with Obama's strategy of making small-time donors feel like they "own" a piece of his campaign. It's a great idea and the marketing to support it has been extraordinarily well-executed.

Apparently, the strategy has made some other fans. Guys like Test Person, a native of "Some Place, Utah." And someone named Jgtj Jfggjjfgj, who's from... well, from this article, I'm not quite sure where Jgtj is from. However, I have a hunch his close friends call him J.J.

Now, I know the McPlain camp is going to cry foul, and say that Obama is taking money in excess of federal campaign contribution limits from millionaires who are taking the time to come up with incredibly deceptive pseudonyms and then going to the trouble to get online and donate $7 here and $10 there.

But I don't think that's the case.

I think people are remembering the day when Obama was first introduced to most of the nation - his speech at the Democratic convention in Boston four years ago - and he referred to himself as "a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that America has a place for him, too." I think other skinny kids with funny names - names like Test and Jgtj - feel like this campaign is also their campaign. That America has a place for them, too.

So I think the Repubs will probably get over it. I mean, those people could be real. It's not like their names are Track or Trig or something.

Oh, and also: James Franco's face is nearly perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Thanks for the blog. You almost made it thru w/o commenting on Palin.

JBhumitra said...

that face comparison is interesting, especially since i thought beauty was subjective. how can we test our own face?