September 30, 2008

Quake 2

Just because I like keeping you posted on this stuff, I sat through another earthquake this evening. My second one. Yay!

It was minor - just a 3.0 - so it kind of felt like something bumped into the apartment, and it was over in less than a second. I actually had to look it up here to confirm it was for real; this was probably the kind of quake that, if you're a native, doesn't even count. Oh, the other big plus was that it was centered less than 2 miles from where we were sitting, so it was very convenient - definitely within walking distance.

In related news, I really don't like the word temblor. Really seems like there should be another "r" in there somewhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HPA, BACK ME UP HERE...
JACK, MOVE EAST.
enough of this crap. MOVE EAST.

"Highland Park" Attorney said...

Hey, news flash...we had an earthquake here on the East Coast.......back in 1876!!!!!!!!! If you want when you move back East, Bugs and I will come over and shake the chair that you are sitting in and drop things on your head every few months!!!!!!!!

Your escalator operator said...

Wow, that actually does sound enticing. Let me think about it. (Pretty funny!)

Anonymous said...

oh yea! that DOES sound fun. good idea, hpa!

JBhumitra said...

i love that you think that the fact that you were just 2 miles from the epicenter - just "walking distance" - was very convenient. stop making me laugh, i did pilates yesterday and my abs hurt!