September 10, 2008

Thanks, ma, I got this one

No matter how much you hate getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, you've gotta be even less thrilled to have your mom talking to a reporter from your state's largest newspaper about how much you hate getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.

But it'll be OK for Vince, I think. Football players are a pretty emotionally in-touch group. Even though Vince kinda sounds like he's having an Angela Chase moment, I'm sure his teammates will come together in the locker room to support their star QB through this stressful time.

How's this for a segue? Seeing the names Vince and Chase in the previous paragraph reminds me that I gave up 30 minutes for the Entourage season premiere last night. (What's better than free HBO?) Pretty entertaining as usual, but it felt like not much happened. I'm chalking it up to this being a laying-the-groundwork episode with the juicier stuff still TK. Also, I was not pleased that Turtle and Drama even considered taking a golf club to a Maserati. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed. Anyone else watch?

2 comments:

JBhumitra said...

ooh i behind on entourage! season 4 is on its way via netflix as i type. i hope to catch up this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I don't watch. Don't pay for HBO. Already pay like $90 for just watching t.v. - which these days is sports, so quite frankly, I'm not thinking it's $90/month well spent.