September 17, 2008

Palin drones

So many columns and op eds slamming Sarah Palin each day - let alone the straight-news coverage that keeps uncovering her ignorance/inexperience/vacuousness/right-wingnitude - that my new pasttime is picking one each day that paints the scariest picture of potential President Palin.

It would be too easy to keep putting up new links to my favorite stories about the governor of that Russia-adjacent state, so I'm going to try not to make a habit of it unless I see something really fascinating. It'd just be redundant, I think, like shooting caribou in a barrel.

That said, I sure enjoyed the latest piece by the marvelous Maureen Dowd (so, so good), and most particularly her assertion about McCain's plan to introduce his VP hopeful to heads of state at the UN: "You can’t contract foreign policy experience like a rhinovirus." I'll let Ms. Dowd tell you the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
1) I read the whole NYT article - impressive because I had to register to be a nyt.com article reader. More impressive because it was more than 2 paragraphs. But, TOTALLY WORTH IT. That Maureen Dowd surely doesn't hold back.
2) That's awesome opinion writing. Unfortunately, though, I still think that women will vote for Palin based on the fact that she's a woman and nothing else.

Your escalator operator said...

I am duly impressed with 1. I think you may be right about 2, but there's that McCain guy on the ticket, too.