September 15, 2008

Girls who wear glasses

I stayed up late on Saturday to catch SNL, really only because Michael Phelps was hosting. And it was a poor decision, because aside from the intro skit, I laughed approximately none times. But that first skit was pretty excellent, with Tina Fey doing a stellar job as Sarah Palin.

Doing a less stellar job as Sarah Palin? That'd be one Sarah Palin, according to this piece from the exceedingly fair and balanced New York Times. (Worth clicking through to the article, if only to see the photo on page one of the story: Damn, wish my mayor and city council wore matching denim outfits for class photos!)

The story also makes clear that, despite what you might have heard, Alaskans can have a finely tuned sense of humor. To wit, the Times brings us this highly incriminating story about the governor: "And [Palin] used city money to buy a white Suburban for the mayor’s use — employees sarcastically called it the mayor-mobile."

Wow. How did she withstand that blistering sarcasm?

4 comments:

GlutenGirl said...

Even if I were inclined to vote for her, which I'm not, I couldn't vote for someone who hates polar bears. Talk about being a "hater" (to use her own words). What did the polar bears ever do to you except probably make a nice throw blanket in your office?

GlutenGirl said...

I think the Wasilla librarian said it best when she said "she scares the bejeebers out of me.”

Your escalator operator said...

Ha ha. Yep, I liked that quote, too. Bejeebers. My new favorite, uh, word?

GlutenGirl said...

I'm going to try to work it into the next brief I write. But only if I can also incorporate the word hodgepodge...that's my other favorite word.