August 7, 2008

Damn, I'm old

Just got off the phone with the friendly woman at my insurance company. She thanked me for "having been a loyal customer for the past 18 years."

Which was nice of her, but: Good christ, I'm getting up there.

Now I feel bad - well, sort of - for teasing my mom a few years ago because, as I pointed out, she had a son who had fillings that were 25 years old.

Unrelated: If the email-RSVP-that-nobody-ever-responded-to worked properly, I'll be catching a screening of Elegy tonight. If I have anything to say about it, you'll get your mini-review tomorrow.

In the meantime, I did watch The Hammer last night and I highly recommend it. (Just put it on your Netflix list - here's the link, lazy.)

I was predisposed to like it because I'm an Adam Carolla fan, but it was even better than I expected. It's nominally about a aging boxer with a chance to make the U.S. Olympic team, but I'm pretty certain that you don't have to care a whit about boxing to enjoy the hell out of it. The story of his budding relationship with a new girlfriend was sweet, and the story was simple but interesting. I laughed out loud at least eight times, which is pretty good for an old guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't get the 2nd part of your blog, so i'll respond to the 1st part. yes, you're old.
(and you have fillings?! must have been all the sugary cereal you snuck in while watching the smurfs in the a.m. or something stupid like that!)