March 10, 2009

Air apparent

After tonight's riveting episode of Celebrity Jeopardy - Aisha Tyler, you smarty! - the local ABC affiliate ran a tease for the sure-to-be-enlightening 11 p.m. newscast.

The newscastress (is that un-p.c.?) was speaking of this terrible tragedy - which, by the way, is exactly the kind of thing that's going to make me tune in for an otherwise worthless half hour of weather and diet tips at 11 p.m. on a school night. And she said something along these lines: "Tonight at 11: A gunman kills 10 people in Alabama in an apparent mass shooting."

Which made me wonder: Which part of 10 people getting shot did she think was only apparent? Well, at least she didn't stick the word "apparent" before "people." Although I'm sure she considered it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to catch every grammatical/speech error ever.
p.s. maybe this apparent t.v. watching is making you have crazy dreams - read books instead.

Your escalator operator said...

That could be it. I don't want to find out, though.
Also: No starlets in my sleepy-time last night, so I'm good for now.