November 5, 2009

Two delicious

In past posts, I've both poked fun at Baskin-Robbins and paid well-deserved respects to the company's founder.

That's a lot of SFTC love, especially when you consider that I'm lactose intolerant and probably shouldn't really be eating a whole lot of frozen dairy desserts.

But it's possible that this is one of the 12 best food ideas ever. In fact, it might rank even higher than the Taco Bell Double-Decker Taco among foodstuffs that combine closely related items of awesomeness.*

Now I need to get my mom to come up with a comparable invention so I can combine her obscenely delicious pumpkin chiffon pie and chocolate bourbon pecan pie into a single dessert item when I'm home for Thanksgiving. It could happen.

* Also high on the list of foods not to eat immediately after consuming Double-Decker Tacos. Which, come to think of it, is a pretty long list.

2 comments:

bugs said...

seriously?! the cow (IN REISTERSTOWN, MARYLAND) has been doing this for years. they put a scoop of whatever + a scoop of whatever TOGETHER IN A CUP OR CONE. my favorite husband always gets some sickly sweet ice + a twist on top to make it sickly sweeter. honestly. has it been that long since you've made a trip?! i guess you'll have to stock up when you visit in a few weeks.
xo

DGB said...

First of all, I can't believe that you scooped me on this new product (pun totally intended).

Second, I want! I want! I want!

Bugs...the genius of this is the soft serve WITH the hard scoop ice cream!!!!!!