February 15, 2011

Why I'm waiting until (at least) tomorrow for those tattoos and piercings

I'm just about an hour away from my first-ever visit to the inside of an MRI.

I understand that metal objects and recently inked tattoos don't really get along very well with MRI machines, so I'm thankful that I recently made the decision to not get my nose pierced, and that I managed to go another year without a tattoo. (I had been thinking about getting one that replicated the design of the snazziest t-shirt I've ever designed, which you can find here.)

Anyway, I'm going in to get my brain scanned, which makes me think that tomorrow, I'll be quoting Dizzy Dean a lot. In 1934, the pitcher, then with the St. Louis Cardinals, was hit in the head by a baseball while trying to break up a double play, and suffered a concussion. After his trip to the hospital, he reportedly said, "They x-rayed my head and found nothing."

5 comments:

DGB said...

I hope all is okay with your brain.

Your escalator operator said...

DGB - Thanks. Doctor looking at my migraines thought it would be good to check it out.

bugs said...

DGB - I don't know if YEO has told you, but a doctor recently suggested that he has a SENSITIVE BRAIN, so no...all is not okay with it. lol. oh my goodness.

YEO - good luck in the confined space with really loud beeping annoying noises. good times. you'll LOVE it...hope it doesn't upset your sensitive brain.

xo
big kiss from your favorite sister

Your escalator operator said...

B - I was totally fine in the MRI. Just closed my eyes and chilled out. Even did fine when they had to inject some contrast dye!!

bugs said...

you know how to chill out?!
oh, right...it's me who doesn't know how to chill out. hahahaha.
was the dye totally rad!? like tye dye?! could you see lots of colors going into your veins?! that'd be COOL!!